Superpower Energy Limited Limited (we, us, our) complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information. This policy applies to personal information we collect from visitors to superpower.co.nz (Superpower Energy Limited) and other persons with whom we deal directly, including where we collect information from you on behalf of a supplier.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto the Superpower Energy website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy. This policy was last updated on 07/11/23.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND FROM WHOM
If you provide your information via the Superpower Energy website we collect your Full Name, Contact Phone numbers, e-mail and physical address.
We collect generic meter information and network information from the electricity register for the purposes of scoping services at the address provided. This information is publicly available. This information, along with your street address (which is collected directly from you), is required for the purposes of identifying the feasibility of providing services at the address provided by you.
DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to:
• another company within our group
• any business that supports Superpower Energy Limited, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide Superpower Energy Limited or other services and products
• a supplier for the purposes of delivering goods and or involved in the completion of work which may include but not limited to Electricity Network companies, metering companies, technicians.
• other third parties (as anonymised statistical information)
• a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a law enforcement agency or regulatory authority)
• another company in the case of a sale, merger, consolidation, liquidation, reorganisation or acquisition
• any other person authorised by the Act or another law
• any other person authorised by you.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
A business that supports our services and products may be located outside New Zealand. This may mean your personal information is held and processed outside New Zealand. We have ensured these businesses are subject to privacy safeguards that are comparable to those in place in New Zealand.
PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse.
You play an important role in keeping your personal information secure by maintaining the confidentiality of any password and accounts used in relation to Superpower Energy Limited. You should not disclose your password to third parties. Please notify us immediately if there is any unauthorised use of your account or any other breach of security.
When you fill in a contact or enquiry form on Superpower Energy Limited, or contact us via our chat bot, we collect information you choose to provide to us, including feedback.
In other circumstances, we may collect personal information about you, but we will always collect this information from:
• you directly
• third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
You are not required to provide us with your personal information. However, if you do not, we may not be able to provide you with services.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will use your personal information to:
• delivering services to you
• verify your identity
• confirm where you reside for the purpose of comparing Deals for you
• connect you to Provider for a Deal that you want to sign up to
• market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text or email)
• improve Superpower Energy Limited, and any related services and products
• respond to communications from you, including a complaint
• complete credit checks
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at email@example.com. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
DATA RETENTION POLICY
The personal information that we collect and use will not be kept longer than necessary for the purposes for which it is collected, or for the duration required for compliance with applicable law, whichever is longer.